qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC 1/1] Execute arbitrary QMP commands from command l

From: Daniel P. Berrange
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC 1/1] Execute arbitrary QMP commands from command line
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2015 09:50:47 +0000

On Fri, Jan 30, 2015 at 09:38:50AM +0000, Dr. David Alan Gilbert wrote:
> * Eric Blake (address@hidden) wrote:

> > > What causes the parser to generate a 'BlockdevOptions' as opposed to any
> > > standard options type for the parameter of qmp_blockdev_add?
> >
> > Kevin Wolf has the most experience here, as he was the one that figured
> > out how to correlate command line and QMP as part of adding blockdev-add.
>
> OK, this is getting more complicated than I'd expected; how about a simpler
> suggestion.
>
> The current suggestion is:
>    Modify  -incoming to take   'pause' as an argument
>    Add migrate-incoming command that takes parsed URI

FWIW, the existing source side  'migrate' command already expects URI string,
so personally I'm fine with the dest side 'migrate-incoming' also taking
a URI string. I don't think we need to explode the URI into its pieces. URI
is a well defined data format we should feel free to use when appropriate.

Regards,
Daniel