qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Looking for Outreachy sponsors for QEMU, libvirt, and KVM i

From: Stefan Hajnoczi
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Looking for Outreachy sponsors for QEMU, libvirt, and KVM internships (was Outreach Program for Women)
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2015 15:20:28 +0000

Outreach Program for Women is renaming to Outreachy.  The new website
is: http://outreachy.org/

What is Outreachy?
Outreachy helps people from underrepresented groups join the open
source community
through a 12-week full-time paid internship.

The format is similar to Google Summer of Code.  Instead of funding
university students
the focus is on funding women (cis and trans), trans men, and
genderqueer people.

Last year QEMU participated with one intern, Maria, who developed a
qcow2 image format
fuzzer to find input validation bugs in QEMU's qcow2 block driver.

GNOME, the Linux kernel community, and other projects have also been
participating
successfully for years.

What is the level of sponsorship?
Sponsorship is $6,500 per intern.  Sponsors can choose their mentor if desired,
otherwise we have experienced mentors who can participate.

If your company wants to be active in growing the open source
community, this is a
great way to engage without administrating your own internship program!

Dates:
 * Funding commitment: Monday, February 16
 * Participating orgs announced: February 17
 * Application deadline for interns: March 24
 * Internship dates: May 25 to August 25

Sponsors are listed for recognition on the Outreachy website and can
promote job openings.

How do QEMU, libvirt, and KVM participate?
We try to participate in both Outreachy and Google Summer of Code each
year.  QEMU acts
as an umbrella organization for libvirt and KVM.  We have experienced
mentors and are able
to add new mentors who are active contributors to QEMU, libvirt, or KVM.

Full info for organizations:
https://wiki.gnome.org/Outreachy/Admin/InfoForOrgs

Stefan