qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Network Migration in QEMU during Live Migration

From: Azizul Hakim
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Network Migration in QEMU during Live Migration
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2015 14:01:30 -0500

Hi all,

Does QEMU support network migration so that the migration process is transparent to users? For example if my VM has a web server, I would like my user still be able to send request to the server after the migration process is completed. But since migration causes a change of the physical machine, the IP address is different. So how do I achieve this? I understand that I've to create bridge network. What other things do I've to take care off? Is it possible at all?

Thanks
Azizul