qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [question] the patch which affect performance of virtio

From: Wangting (Kathy)
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [question] the patch which affect performance of virtio-scsi
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2015 19:26:24 +0800

OK, Thank you very much for your detailed explanation.

But I have another question about the big change from qemu-1.5.3 to
qemu-1.6.0-rc0.

When I use ramdisk for IO performance testing, the result is as follows.

[fio-test]          rw         bs         iodepth    jobs       bw         iops
qemu-1.5.3          read       4k         32          1         285MB/s    73208
qemu-1.6.0-rc0      read       4k         32          1         253MB/s    64967

And virtio-blk is the same.

I know there are so many differences between qemu-1.5 and qemu-1.6, but I am
confused about
what new features impact the performance so much. Do you know it?