qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] vmdk: improve streamOptimized vmdk support

From: Sunil Kumar
Subject: [Qemu-devel] vmdk: improve streamOptimized vmdk support
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2015 23:59:37 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

I ran into an issue where the OVA created from the VMDK file created by
qemu-img is rejected by vSphere with a message like "Not a supported disk
format (sparse VMDK too old)". I was looking through the archives and found
this:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2014-08/msg01028.html

That's exactly my issue and the patch will resolve it. But this patch has not
been merged yet and it does not apply on top of 2.2.0 cleanly. Any ideas what
happened to the patch there?

I will appreciate any help.

-devsk