qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] [Question] about vhost user Interface

From: Gaohaifeng (A)
Subject: [Qemu-devel] [Question] about vhost user Interface
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2015 09:30:40 +0000

Hi

  I want to use pxe to install a guest os whose nic type is vhost user. However pxe rom doesn’t support msi-x interrupt, so qemu won’t start vhost net.

Call relationship:

virtio_net_vhost_status-> vhost_net_query-> vhost_dev_query-> virtio_pci_query_guest_notifiers -> msix_enabled

In my test, I remove the msix check for vhost user interface and successfully install the guest os by pxe.

Is it OK to do like this and will it cause other problems?

Thanks.

Haifeng Gao