qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Delaying -rc0?

From: Marcel Apfelbaum
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Delaying -rc0?
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2015 15:12:37 +0200

On 03/02/2015 03:11 PM, Paolo Bonzini wrote:

On 02/03/2015 13:44, Peter Maydell wrote:
On 2 March 2015 at 21:33, Paolo Bonzini <address@hidden> wrote:
Looks like there are still a few pull requests pending, and Peter is on
vacation.  Should we really enter hard feature freeze tomorrow?  The 2.3
planning page in the end never got out the "draft" state.

Well, I said you probably didn't want to schedule rc0 for
while I was on holiday, but nobody changed the dates...

My current intention is just to keep applying pullreqs
and then to look again at where we are once I'm back at
work. There are almost certainly pending ARM patches
which I need to assemble into a pullreq too.

A possible alternative schedule could be:

2015-03-10      Tag v2.3.0-rc0

Hugely optimistic. I'm not likely to tag rc0 my first day
back at work :-)
Good!

I want the "multi pci root buses" feature to get in 2.3 and is depending
on Igor's dynamic ACPI series that is still waiting in the PULL request.
Any news with that?

Thanks,
Marcel

I'll take that as a yes for the delay and a no for the schedule...

Paolo

2015-03-17      Tag v2.3.0-rc1
2015-03-24      Tag v2.3.0-rc2
2015-03-31      Tag v2.3.0-rc3
2015-04-03      Tag v2.3.0      (or -rc4, with release on April 7th)

-- PMM