qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL v2] pci, pc, virtio fixes and cleanups

From: Alex Bennée
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL v2] pci, pc, virtio fixes and cleanups
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2015 15:55:00 +0000

Peter Maydell <address@hidden> writes:

>>> Looking at git history there were a number of followup fixes
>>> where 2.13-2.22 function couldn't be used, if we switch to 2.24
>>> we could cleanup that places also.
>>
>> Peter mentioned above that 2.22 is a bit awkward to him, and he's
>> already swamped enough that we should consider doing him a favor. :)
>
> More to the point, Cornelia pointed out that SLES 11 SP 3 is still
> on 2.22.
>
> I guess I don't object to moving forward to 2.22 if somebody wants
> to write the configure patch and add the info to the release notes.

The commit comment for configure:

    glib_req_ver=2.12

States it's the version found in RHEL5. Do we not care about that
anymore? I guess at some point the enterprise distros are only
backporting fixes to an old qemu anyway.

(/me is all for newer glibs btw, there are some handy features)

--
Alex Bennée