qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] introduce bitmap to bdrv_commit to track dirty se

From: Zhang Haoyu
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] introduce bitmap to bdrv_commit to track dirty sector
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2015 16:14:38 +0800

Hi John, Vladimir
We can using active block commit to implement incremental backup without guest
disruption,
e.g.,
origin <= A <= B <= C <= current BDS,
a new external snapshot will be produced before every time backup,
we can migrate A, B, C, ... to destination,
then commit_active_start() the unneeded snapshot in source or destination end.

So, comparing with above mechanism,
what's the advantages of the incremental backup implemented by John and
Vladimir?

Thanks,
Zhang Haoyu