qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Fix for incorrect SYSRET instruction implementation --

From: Stefan Weil
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Fix for incorrect SYSRET instruction implementation -- anyone looked at this yet?
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2015 06:46:05 +0100

Please see my comment below.

Am 09.03.2015 um 23:46 schrieb Bill Paul:
Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, Stefan Weil had to
walk into mine at 15:23:36 on Monday 09 March 2015 and say:

Hi Bill,

sending text only e-mails might help. Usually git send-email is better
than using KMail or other mail software.
You know, I thought I was sending in plain text. Somewhere along the line
KMail lied to me.

Even when using plain text, mailing programs will often wrap lines and or do other nasty things. Create your patch with "git format-patch", add optional personal comments after the ---, use scripts/get_maintainer.pl and scripts/checkpatch.pl on your patch, and then send it
with "git send-email".

Use tools like git gui to get a correct signature. Any optional personal
comments should come directly after
the line with ---.
After? Or before?

See http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/447644/for an example.

Could you please re-send your patch? Check it before
sending with scripts/checkpatch.pl.

Maybe this looks like much regulations to fix a bug, but some rules are
necessary to keep a project
like QEMU alive.
I'm going to send it once more because it was entirely my fault that my stupid
mailer kept sending in HTML mode, but that's it.

-Bill

Cheers
Stefan