qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] rcu kicking CPU threads before they're set up...

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: [Qemu-devel] rcu kicking CPU threads before they're set up...
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2015 10:23:38 +0000

I noticed this while I was trying to debug something and so was
single stepping through the CPU realize function.

The rcu thread seems to get set up and try to start working too
early in QEMU's initialization process. Specifically, it can try
to do things before we've completed the creation and init of all
the CPUs: I'm seeing call_rcu_thread() calling qemu_mutex_lock_iothread()
calling  qemu_cpu_kick_thread() before we've even finished actually
creating and realizing the CPU objects. This segfaults because
cpu->thread isn't set yet.

-- PMM