qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] [GSoC] project proposal

From: Catalin Vasile
Subject: [Qemu-devel] [GSoC] project proposal
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2015 16:53:47 +0200

Hi,

My name is Catalin Vasile and I want to participate with a project for qemu at GSoC.
From what I understand from the rules, I can participate with things I could also use for my college projects.
This is my last bachelor year and I'm doing my diploma project, which is related to virtualization, more specific qemu-kvm.
I'm trying to do a paravirtualized device using virtio and vhost.
I've already done some work.
To be more exact, I want to make a virtio-crypto device to emulate a virtual cryptographic offloading device that will send jobs from the guest to a vhost that will process the jobs. This mechanism will link CryptoAPI from the guest to the CryptoAPI from the host. This way, whatever it's beneath CryptoAPI from the host will be used as offloading for the guest.
Is there a mentor interested in getting involved in this kind of project?