qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Output of fprintf messages in qemu source

From: Toms Varghese
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Output of fprintf messages in qemu source
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 00:17:29 +0530

Hi all,

I can see some fprintf (stderr, ...) statements in qemu source code. I expect the output to be shown in  the terminal window. I use libvirt to manage my VMs and hence have no idea about the exact qemu command line being used. From the comments in the below post
http://blog.vmsplice.net/2011/03/how-to-write-trace-analysis-scripts-for.html
I found that libvirt is supposed to store the stderr outputs in /var/lib/libvirt/qemu/.log file. But I am unable to find any such log file in /var/lib/libvirt/qemu. Can anyone please tell me how to get the output of fprintfs in this case as it would help me a lot?
I am using fedora 21, qemu 2.0.2 and libvirt 1.2.9.2.

Thanks and Regards
Toms Varghese