qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL for-2.3 00/13] usb patch queue.

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL for-2.3 00/13] usb patch queue.
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 19:00:57 +0000

On 19 March 2015 at 14:50, Gerd Hoffmann <address@hidden> wrote:
> Oh, right, forgot to mention in the cover letter:  One of the patches
> introduces a new config option (CONFIG_USB), and because of that you
> have to do a full rebuild to make sure the new option is picked up for
> the targets which need usb.

I think this is the final fallout from the dependency bug fixed
by Paolo in 15564d85afa. Build trees which created the
config-devices.mak file prior to that commit won't have the
necessary .d files to cause it to be remade, and won't rerun
the script which would create the .d file because they don't
have the .d files... But if you have some commit after that
one, and remove the $buildtree/*/config-devices.mak files
and do a full rebuild, then you can move forward to this
(merge) commit and the incremental rebuild will work fine.
So it's not a problem with this pull itself, but with build
trees which haven't yet been cleaned up to deal with the
pre-15564d mess...

(I'm currently running the merge through the usual tests
before pushing it out.)

thanks
-- PMM