qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] RFC: memory API changes

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] RFC: memory API changes
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 17:30:31 +0100

On 23/03/2015 17:00, Peter Maydell wrote:
> On 23 March 2015 at 15:47, Paolo Bonzini <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Ok, so most ld*_phys users are already using cs->as.
>
> But this is only because when the AddressSpace* argument
> to ld*_phys was introduced we made it be cs->as for
> existing callers, to retain the existing behaviour.
> That doesn't mean that callers using cs->as are doing
> the right thing. In general I would expect that any
> caller that's not part of the CPU itself should not be
> rummaging around inside the CPU struct to find an
> AddressSpace to use...

None of them does, uses of ld*_phys(cs->as, ...) are almost all in
target-* already.

There's just hw/ppc/spapr_hcall.c and hw/ppc/spapr_iommu.c that are
using cs->as in hw/, but they are correct because these are hypercalls.

The others use &address_space_memory.  I sent a patch to fix megasas and
vmware.

Paolo