qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Revised patch for QEMU Guest Agent compilaiton

From: Stefan Weil
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Revised patch for QEMU Guest Agent compilaiton
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 20:43:36 +0100

Am 23.03.2015 um 20:29 schrieb Joseph Hindin:
Hi

About a week ago I've submitted the revised patch for QEMU GA Windows cross-compilation. Since then I've not got any responses. Would you mind to look into the proposed patch?

    Regards,

       Joseph Hindin

http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2015-03/msg03155.html

Maybe you would have got a response if you had sent that patch to Paolo or me, too. Your patch has formal issues: it should have a short subject (< 80 characters typically) and some description. Your patch puts all text into the subject, so this becomes rather long. Please send an updated patch with "git send-email" and use scripts/checkpatch.pl
before you send it.

Is there any reason why you filter the -fstack-protector% the way you did in your patch
(and not as suggested by Paolo)?

Technically I think your patch fixes the problem.

Thanks,
Stefan