qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] RFC: memory API changes

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] RFC: memory API changes
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 12:50:31 +0100

On 25/03/2015 12:43, Peter Maydell wrote:
> I was trying to avoid leaving us with yet another half-finished
> set of API transitions: because many of our CPUs are in this
> odd-fixes state, it's unlikely anybody will get round to
> updating them in the near future, so we'll be carrying a
> duplicate set of functions around for a long time.

They're not duplicate, they're shortcuts.  Using longer function names
with more arguments is unnecessary if there's no need for the extra
features.

> If you insist I can leave the ldl_phys&c around as wrappers
> with a comment saying /* Do not use these in new code;
> use address_space_* instead. */,
> though.

I'll take care of changing the wrappers to take a CPUState instead of
AddressSpace, and move them to cpu.h.

If you convert ARM to address_space_*, ARM's cpu.h obviously won't get them.

Paolo