qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] One question to lowlevel/xl/xl.c and lowlevel/xc/xc.c

From: Chen, Tiejun
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] One question to lowlevel/xl/xl.c and lowlevel/xc/xc.c
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 08:44:08 +0800

On 2015/3/25 18:26, Ian Campbell wrote:
On Wed, 2015-03-25 at 09:18 +0800, Chen, Tiejun wrote:
Actually my problem is that, I need to add a new parameter, 'flag', like
this, xc_assign_device(xxx,xxx,flag). So if I don't refine xc.c, tools
can't be compiled successfully. Or maybe you're suggesting I may isolate
this file while building tools, right?

I answered this in my original reply:
          it is acceptable for the new
         parameter to not be plumbed up to the Python bindings until someone
         comes along with a requirement to use it from Python. IOW you can just
         pass whatever the nop value is for the new argument.

Yes, I knew this but I'm just getting a little confusion again after we're starting to talk if xc.c is compiled...

And I will try to do this.

The "nop value" is whatever value should be passed to retain the current
behaviour.

Sure.

Thanks
Tiejun