qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL for v2.3 01/01] seccomp: update libseccomp versio

From: Juan Quintela
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL for v2.3 01/01] seccomp: update libseccomp version and remove arch restriction
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 15:50:33 +0100

Peter Maydell <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 26 March 2015 at 14:37, Eduardo Otubo <address@hidden> wrote:
>> I completely understand your concern. Perhaps a ping on libseccomp
>> Fedora package maintainer would be a better way to tackle this issue
>> instead of reverting this commit. Libseccomp 2.2.0 is released since Feb
>> 12th and I actually gave it a little time frame for other distros to
>> update their packages so we don't run into issues like this.
>
> Well, we shouldn't really be mandating latest-and-greatest versions
> of our upstream dependencies unless the maintainer of those dependencies
> feels the earlier versions are so badly broken that it would be better
> to refuse to use them at all.

+1

>> It's important to remember that this patch is also the proper fix for
>> this bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/qemu/+bug/1363641
>
> If that only applies to certain architectures we can make the
> dependency version vary depending on which arch we're building
> for, I suppose.

I will go for this.

My concern is that virt-test will stop working until distributins gets
updated.  I can update it myself, or running with --qemu_sandbox=off,
that is what I just did for the pull request just sent.  But I feel bad
that people on recent distributions are not able to use important
features.

Thanks, Juan.