qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL for v2.3 01/01] seccomp: update libseccomp versio

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL for v2.3 01/01] seccomp: update libseccomp version and remove arch restriction
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 14:58:20 +0000

On 26 March 2015 at 14:37, Eduardo Otubo <address@hidden> wrote:
> Libseccomp 2.2.0 is released since Feb
> 12th and I actually gave it a little time frame for other distros to
> update their packages so we don't run into issues like this.

Incidentally, "about two months" is actually a very short
time between upstream-release and mandating it for QEMU.
Consider that our glib dependency is 2.12, which was released
in 2006, and we're still debating whether to move forward
to 2.24 (released in 2010). Distro release schedules are
often on a scale of years, especially for long-term-support
distros, and we want to support as wide a range of them
as we reasonably can.

-- PMM