qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] MemoryRegionOps' {min,max}_access_size fields

From: Jan Beulich
Subject: [Qemu-devel] MemoryRegionOps' {min,max}_access_size fields
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2015 16:21:22 +0000

Hello,

I'm trying to understand what the idea behind these is. For one,
without .valid.accepts set I can't see the two respective .valid
fields take effect at all. Yet all examples I looked at don't set
.valid.accepts. What's the deal here?

And then the way access_with_adjusted_size() works, it looks to
me as if with .impl.min_access_size set to greater than 1
unaligned accesses could still reach the actual read or write
handler, as only the access size would get bumped, but no
adjustment be made to the address.

Thanks for any insight,
Jan