qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] arm: semihosting: Preliminary AArch64 support

From: Liviu Ionescu
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] arm: semihosting: Preliminary AArch64 support
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2015 19:33:43 +0200

> On 27 Mar 2015, at 19:15, Leon Alrae <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> ... introducing separate "-semihosting-arg" option to pass input arguments

if we'll ever go for this solution, I would call it "-semihosting-cmdline",
since it should include the entire command line, starting with argv[0].

> ... but basically it makes the life easier.

this was my opinion too, and my first patches implemented this solution.

> On 27 Mar 2015, at 19:21, Peter Maydell <address@hidden> wrote:
> ... The
> problem with extra ad-hoc top level command line arguments
> is that they don't fit in with the structure we're trying
> to impose on new QEMU options, which is that they should
> have a particular syntax and sit inside option groups
> (in this case, -semihosting-config).

this is also true, and, although a bit more complicated to use, I implemented
this solution.

> I think we sort of stalled
> because it wasn't clear that you were happy with the double-comma
> thing.

my fault for stalling it, I decided to wait until I have a chance to give it a
try in a real use case (in my testing infrastructure, which is not yet ready...
:-( )

but, as I said, although a bit more complicated, the current solution seems
fully functional.

regards,

Liviu