qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] acpi: add reset register to fadt

From: Reza Jelveh
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] acpi: add reset register to fadt
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2015 15:27:26 +0200

On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 2:36 PM, Igor Mammedov <address@hidden> wrote:
you are extending structure beyond of what specified by ACPI 1.0b spec,
that might break guests.
We probably can't change revision since Windows ACPI implementation
is mostly 1.0b based so we are stuck with it.
Patch needs to be tested with Windows guests starting with XP.

Works fine with XP as long as you don't use q35, but i guess that's unsupported by xp by default.

related issue,
adding fields without changing major version to a corresponding
one doesn't look correct.

What do you suggest? saying we support 2.0a just because of introducing reset_reg is not really valid is it?