qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [qemu devel] disable shared memory is not available wit

From: Markus Armbruster
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [qemu devel] disable shared memory is not available with this QEMU binary
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2015 10:42:42 +0200

Paolo Bonzini <address@hidden> writes:

> On 01/04/2015 08:54, Marcel Apfelbaum wrote:
>> This is the first object for which QemuOps are defined per
>> sub-type and are not global (if you don't take "object" under
>> consideration).
>
> We can return the same QemuOpts that were included before.
> Per-machine-type options are new and need not be covered by
> query-command-line-options.

The obvious way to return them is to put them right back in
qemu_machine_opts.desc[].  But then -machine rejects machine-specific
parameters.

Hack: monkey-patch them in after we're done parsing.

Cleaner: "empty desc[] means accept anything" has always been overly
restrictive.  Have a flag "accept additional parameters".

We may have to do the former for 2.3, but that's no excuse not to
replace it by something less gross in 2.4.

[...]