qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] How to catch and check all address access requests in qemu?

From: Kaiyuan
Subject: [Qemu-devel] How to catch and check all address access requests in qemu?
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2015 13:39:57 +0800 (GMT+08:00)

Using Qemu to run a guest system, the guest virtual address will be translated to guest physical address by MMU, then be translated to host virtual address by Qemu.

In my case, I need to add a checker between virtual PowerPC CPU and memory/MMIO. This checker will catch all address access request, check if the address follows some rules. If address violates rules, the access request will be discarded.

My question is: where is the proper location to put my checker code? I reviewed code in file Memory.c, but functions in file are about memory add/remove. Could you give any suggesions?

Thanks,
Kaiyuan Liang