qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] bios-tables-test failing for x86_64 on ppc

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] bios-tables-test failing for x86_64 on ppc
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2015 16:22:34 +0100

On 8 April 2015 at 16:19, Andreas Färber <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> With rcutorture fixed, I am still seeing the following failure in -rc2.
> It is only for /x86_64/acpi/..., not for /i386/acpi/...; only on ppc
> host, not on ppc64 or ppc64le (so not endianness), nor on i586 (so not
> 32-bitness alone).
>
> Alex was suggesting it may be a ppc TCG problem, but I'm not seeing
> anything suspicious in this QTest since v2.2.0:
>
> 3a9c86d tests: bios-tables-test: add support for testing bridges
> 71f4be2 bios-tables-test: split piix4 and q35 tests
> b8e665e qtests: Specify image format explicitly

This is basically the only test in "make check" that tries to
actually execute any TCG code, so it's a bit of a canary for
general TCG issues. If you try just running a random guest on
this QEMU (eg qemu-system-i386 and see if it can at least execute
the BIOS properly) does it work or crash?

thanks
-- PMM