qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] bios-tables-test failing for x86_64 on ppc

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] bios-tables-test failing for x86_64 on ppc
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2015 20:42:26 +0100

On 8 April 2015 at 20:35, Peter Maydell <address@hidden> wrote:
> Looking at the generated TCG, I suspect the problem
> is that tcg_gen_st_i64() isn't writing the two i32
> input values in the right order for the case where the
> host is a 32-bit bigendian system...

Yep. Commit 951c6300f7 out-of-lined the 32-bit-host
versions of tcg_gen_{ld,st}_i64, and in the process
inadvertently changed an #ifdef HOST_WORDS_BIGENDIAN
to #ifdef TCG_TARGET_WORDS_BIGENDIAN. Since the latter
doesn't get defined anywhere we always get the LE host
behaviour even on BE hosts. Switching it back to
HOST_WORDS_BIGENDIAN fixes this. Patch coming up.

-- PMM