qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [Question]Support of China loogson processor

From: James Hogan
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [Question]Support of China loogson processor
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2015 10:35:49 +0100

On 13/04/15 12:29, vt wrote:
> Hi, guys
>
> I saw the architecture code about mips in the qemu and kvm modules, so it is
> no doubt that mips cpu can be supported.
> But I wonder if anyone have used qemu/kvm virtualization with China loongson
> processor (MIPS architecture) without modification of qemu/kvm code.
> All the infomation I have searched in the Internet can't answer my question.
>
> If anyone have done that before, let me know it will not  be a dead end.
>
> Thanks
> Sangfor VT

I haven't attempted it on Loongson yet, but it'd be interesting to see
whether it works. You'd still have to emulate a Malta guest at the
moment. Getting it to work on the Ingenic XBurst cores required a little
effort in the kernel due to slight incompatibilities with the MIPS32r2
spec, so its possible there'll be problems with Loongson too.

I presume Loongson may use highmem, if so you'll want to disable it. I
still need to get those patches sorted out.

Let us know how it goes or if you hit problems!

Cheers
James