qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [Qemu-ppc] Missing interrupts on g3beige and mac99 mach

From: BALATON Zoltan
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [Qemu-ppc] Missing interrupts on g3beige and mac99 machines
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2015 23:48:46 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 16 Apr 2015, Cormac O'Brien wrote:
The mac99 machine does list a PIC:

   0 > dev /pci/mac-io/interrupt-controller  ok
   0 > .properties
   name                      "interrupt-controller"
   device_type               "open-pic"
   compatible                "chrp,open-pic"
   built-in                  <empty>
   reg                       00040000   00040000
   #interrupt-cells          2
   #address-cells            0
   interrupt-controller      <empty>
   clock-frequency           3f940a

This location and property list is identical to the Mac-on-Linux device tree
and the device tree of a UniNorth machine that Alex sent me (the tree, not the
machine). So it seems that the mac99 PIC is implemented correctly but has no
interrupts registered.

I can't add anything to the interrupt question but for the other missing device tree properties like reservation-granule-size I've collected some links with dumps of the machine mac99 should try to emulate earlier here:

http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/330550/

Look at links in the patch comments, the actual patch was found not to be useful but the device tree dumps might serve as a reference to see how it looks on real hardware.

Unfortunately that's all I have now hoping it might help with some of those errors.

Regards,
BALATON Zoltan