qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] VCPU Hot-Unplug Feature

From: Fahri Cihan Demirci
Subject: [Qemu-devel] VCPU Hot-Unplug Feature
Date: Mon, 4 May 2015 19:24:43 +0300

Hello,

We are interested in being able to remove a VCPU from an active Libvirt domain
running under QEMU/KVM. However, currently that does not seem to be possible
because QEMU does not provide an interface for hot-unplugging a VCPU. The
corresponding feature page [1] on the QEMU wiki mentions the cpu-add interface
and the generalized device add/del interface. So, my question is, is there
someone working on a cpu-remove interface or making progress in the generalized
device add/del interface to hot-unplug VCPUS? If you are in any way interested
in or planning such a feature, we may provide feedback, testing or help in the
development effort. Any other input, guidance or corrections would be also most
welcome. Thank you.

[1] http://wiki.qemu.org/Features/CPUHotplug

Best regards,
Fahri Cihan Demirci