qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 00/16] Migration pull request (v2)

From: Stefan Hajnoczi
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 00/16] Migration pull request (v2)
Date: Fri, 8 May 2015 10:31:56 +0100

On Thu, May 07, 2015 at 11:40:50PM +0530, Amit Shah wrote:
> On (Thu) 07 May 2015 [13:45:26], Peter Maydell wrote:
> > On 7 May 2015 at 12:50, Juan Quintela <address@hidden> wrote:
> > >

> > > Hi again
> > >
> > > For v2
> > >
> > > - fix 32bit compilation (as said, compiling for 64bit linux, 64bit
> > >   windows and 32bit windows was not enough)
> > >
> > > - Now, we have versions 2.4 everywhere (thanks Eric)
> > >
> > > - Liang Li sent a new patch to the list to fix the update of a migration
> > > parameter, included.
> > >
> > > Please apply, and sorry for the inconvenience.
> >
> > Fails to build on win32:
>
> Does the buildbot try all these combinations?  I want to have a
> 'stage' branch where I just push unapplied patches and receive
> complaints before sending a pull req.

The buildbot is dead and requires maintenance:
http://buildbot.b1-systems.de/qemu/one_line_per_build

There are two alternatives:

1. Travis (see .travis.yml) but it's missing mingw32.  It will never be
   able to do builds for host operating systems that do not support
   cross-compilation from Linux.

2. patchew (http://qemu.patchew.org/) but it only has Fedora 20 x86_64
   builds at the moment.  Adding mingw32 cross-compilation should be
   possible but it scans the mailing list rather than git repos.

The source code to patchew is available here:
https://github.com/famz/patchew

The trouble with continuous integration and build farms is that they
require maintenance.  I think patchew is the best bet right now since
Fam is developing it.

Stefan