qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] VHOST-BLK is not working

From: Sudheer K
Subject: [Qemu-devel] VHOST-BLK is not working
Date: Fri, 8 May 2015 12:19:17 +0530

Hi,

I am experimenting with VHOST-BLK with the codes I got from:
QEMU - git://github.com/asias/qemu.git
KERNEL - git://github.com/asias/linux.git
The VM I am booting is compiled with MSIX config options.

I am seeing a failure in the QEMU function msix_enabled during the initialization of the block device  While the first _expression_ (dev->cap_present & QEMU_PCI_CAP_MSIX)   is successful, the second one (dev->config[dev->msix_cap + MSIX_CONTROL_OFFSET] &
         MSIX_ENABLE_MASK) is failing.

I could not see a msix_init function from hw/block/virtio-blk.c whereas there is one for VHOST-NET from vmxnet3_init_msix.

I will appreciate if someone could point out what I am missing here.

Thanks and Regards

Sudheer