qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [ARM]: Adding support for Cortex-M4

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [ARM]: Adding support for Cortex-M4
Date: Tue, 12 May 2015 13:58:03 +0100

On 12 May 2015 at 13:46, aurelio remonda <address@hidden> wrote:
> Im using lm3s6965evb stellaris board, trying to make it "work as an M4", i
> would like to separate them, adding an dsp feature (i.e ARM_FEATURE_DSP)
> could work? the problem is if this feature is added it has to be set on all
> the cpus that use dsp instructions.

You need to create a new Cortex-M4 CPU model, which can then set
the correct feature switches for the instructions and functionality
that that CPU has. If there's something that only exists on a
subset of CPUs but which we're currently providing everywhere
then we need to add a new feature bit and set it on the CPUs
which have it but not the ones which don't.

-- PMM