qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Serial port passthrough for arm kvm

From: Lennart Sorensen
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Serial port passthrough for arm kvm
Date: Tue, 12 May 2015 14:43:41 -0400

We are trying to pass a serial port through to an arm guest on kvm and
the serial port is working for passing data, but is not setting the baud
rate when the guest changes it.

If I change the baud rate of the port from the host, then the baud rate
is set correctly and data is passed through just fine.

The emulated system is vexpress a15 with the port passed through with:

-serial /dev/ttyS6

Is there something missing for handling the baud rate from ttyAMA ports
in the guest and updating the setting on the host port?

I am using qemu 2.1 at the moment, but couldn't find anything in the
git tree that looked like it was likely to have fixed this.

Any suggestions for where in the code to look and try to debug this?

--
Len Sorensen