qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] What's the differences betweencld/st and qemu_ld/st in TCG

From: 浩倫 魏
Subject: [Qemu-devel] What's the differences betweencld/st and qemu_ld/st in TCG IR?
Date: Sat, 23 May 2015 12:18:33 +0000 (UTC)

Hi, all:
I've been trying to understand the process of binary translation inside TCG.
If I haven't misunderstood, qemu_ld/st are the operations that will call helper function(ld_mmu) to let softmmu translate the GVA->GPA for the guest load/store instructions.
So there are some points that I hope you can help me out:
1. Is every guest load/store instruction would be translated to qemu_ld/st IR?
2. What about another TCG IR "ld/st"? What kind of guest instructions would cause TCG generates that IRs and for what purpose?

Any reply would be helpful to me. Thanks in advance.