qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [edk2] syslinux vs. OVMF

From: BALATON Zoltan
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [edk2] syslinux vs. OVMF
Date: Tue, 26 May 2015 22:42:43 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 26 May 2015, Michael Tokarev wrote:
FWIW, 0xC means RETURN_NO_MEDIA.  Which is kind of strange.
But it is the first load which is done by syslinux.efi, not
by ipxe rom.

I vaguely remember it happens when syslinux.efi thinks it is reading a disk and not booting from the network so it's most likely caused by one of the bugs Laszlo has mentioned. I think I got this first with e1000 without appropriate rom but this went away with virtio-net and disabling rom loading by specifying empty value as suggested by Laszlo. But I could be wrong, I don't remember it clearly.

*After some digging*

Here's the original thread:
http://sourceforge.net/p/edk2/mailman/message/33735116/

It starts with the message explaining how it gets to the wrong path which gets this message and replies from Laszlo about what causes this.

Regards,
BALATON Zoltan