qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] [RFC] ARM ITM implementation

From: Liviu Ionescu
Subject: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] ARM ITM implementation
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2015 15:27:11 +0300

in my branch I just added a minimal implementation for the ARM ITM
(Instrumentation Trace Macrocell).

it is currently intended to display a trace stream (the projects generated by
the GNU ARM Eclipse C/C++ wizards can be configured to forward a trace_printf()
stream to ITM, stimulus port 0).

as it is now, the ITM implementation is minimal, it just forwards all bytes
written to stimulus port 0 to stderr.

to simplify testing, for now the device starts as enabled (in real life the
debugger should set some bits to enable it).

probably some properties should be added, to configure the number of stimulus
ports.

a mechanism to enable/disable the ITM might also be required.

if someone is interested in using it, or possibly improving it, the sources are
publicly available in the GNU ARM Eclipse QEMU repository
(git://git.code.sf.net/p/gnuarmeclipse/qemu, the gnuarmeclipse-dev branch).

regards,

Liviu