qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Trying to execute code outside RAM or ROM at 0x08000230

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Trying to execute code outside RAM or ROM at 0x08000230
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2015 16:21:39 +0100

On 8 June 2015 at 15:54, Liviu Ionescu <address@hidden> wrote:

>> On 08 Jun 2015, at 17:10, Peter Maydell <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> ... You can always turn off the readline
>> feature if you don't want it.
>
> how? with the existing manual I could not figure out how to do it.

Hmm, you're right, we have 'readline' mode and 'control' mode.
The latter won't have the cursor-editing, but it's the QMP
protocol monitor (intended for controlling QEMU from other programs,
different syntax to the human monitor protocol).
That's irritating because the underlying monitor.c code thinks
of readline and QMP-vs-HMP as orthogonal, but vl.c's parsing
doesn't.

(Syntax: -chardev stdio,id=monchr -mon chardev=monchr,mode=$MODE
where $MODE is either 'readline' or 'control'.)

-- PMM