qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Query QEMU Tablet / Mouse position / Mouse freeze in guest

From: Erik Rull
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Query QEMU Tablet / Mouse position / Mouse freeze in guest
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2015 21:35:37 +0200

Hello,

is there a way to query the current cursor position of the QEMU tablet or
QEMU Mouse? Or is there a way to see that the mouse was moved e.g. since
the last query?

I currently have some trouble with the mouse - it just freezes in the guest
after an undefined period (might work before the freeze for several days) -
until I right click the hardware mouse within the freeze of the cursor,
then it unfreezes.
My problem is that I do not see any error message or hint neither in QEMU
nor in the guest nor in the host operating system what could point me to
the reason of this behavior.
If I uninstall and reinstall the driver in the guest, it works again, too
(in addition to the possibility of the mouse-right-click).
My idea is now to get some verbose information over QMP or QEMU-Monitor
Console remotely when this happens. This would give me the information if
the issue appears in QEMU (or the host OS) or only in the guest.
I found a method for setting the pointer to an absolute position, but a
readback seems to be missing.

I see this behavior on serveral hardware configurations, so it's unlikely
that this issue is bound to a particular hardware.
Both systems run QEMU 2.1.0 w/ KVM enabled.

Thanks a lot.

Best regards,

Erik