qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [vhost] virtio (guest) interrupt kernel modules

From: Catalin Vasile
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [vhost] virtio (guest) interrupt kernel modules
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2015 18:05:24 +0300

It seems that the problem is from the code itself.
If I call vhost_dev_start() in set_status() (in qemu), when the status
changes to VIRTIO_CONFIG_S_DRIVER_OK, only the communication path from
guest to vhost works.

In another scenario I send a message from guest to qemu, and the vq
handler in qemu calls vhost_dev_start(). From here right on the
communication works both ways between guest and vhost (I can also
receive signals from vhost to guest).

I used the first scenario because I took vhost-scsi as an example. The
thing is I don't understand what I'm doing different.