qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Assigning an eth port to a guest VM

From: Yehuda Yitschak
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Assigning an eth port to a guest VM
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 16:52:15 +0000

From: Eric Auger <address@hidden>
Sent: Monday, June 15, 2015 4:42 PM
To: Yehuda Yitschak; address@hidden
Cc: Yuval Caduri; Shadi Ammouri
Subject: Re: Assigning an eth port to a guest VM

Hi Yehuda,
On 06/15/2015 01:01 PM, Yehuda Yitschak wrote:
> [...]

Thanks. It's good to know the diagnosis :-)

BTW - i thought SR-IOV uses a somewhat similar concept. AFAIK each virtual
function (VF) gets
a set of registers enabling it to perform data path but most of the
configuration and management
operations are controlled by the host using the Physical Function PF driver.
Are you familiar with that ?
i know SR-IOV is not related to VFIO-PLATFORM but if the mixed of direct access
and emulation
exists there as well then maybe i can borrow some concepts

Best regards

Yehuda