qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Windows2012R2 virtio-win drivers and IPv6

From: Peter Lieven
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Windows2012R2 virtio-win drivers and IPv6
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2015 14:33:58 +0200

Hi Yan,

thanks for the reply.

* When you experience the issues is it between VMs on the same host?

I can reproduce it between a Windows VM on Host A and a Linux VM on Host B.
Linux and Windows are not on the same host systems due to licensing.

Between Linux VMs and/or if I download to the Windows VM there is no issue.
Only outbound TCP traffic from the Windows vServer is affected and it only
affects IPv6 traffic.

* Can you describe your host network configuration?

Windows VM on Qemu -> tap -> Linux Bridge -> eth (tagged) -> Network -> eth(tagged)
-> Linux Bridge -> tap -> Linux VM on Qemu.

* Can provide the output for "ethtool -k” for every NIC (including tap devices)
in the host that is involved with the VM that has a problem?

Offload parameters for tap4:
rx-checksumming: off
tx-checksumming: on
scatter-gather: on
tcp-segmentation-offload: off
udp-fragmentation-offload: off
generic-segmentation-offload: on
generic-receive-offload: on
large-receive-offload: off
rx-vlan-offload: off
tx-vlan-offload: on
ntuple-filters: off
receive-hashing: off

Offload parameters for br136:
rx-checksumming: off
tx-checksumming: on
scatter-gather: on
tcp-segmentation-offload: off
udp-fragmentation-offload: off
generic-segmentation-offload: on
generic-receive-offload: on
large-receive-offload: off
rx-vlan-offload: off
tx-vlan-offload: on
ntuple-filters: off
receive-hashing: off

Offload parameters for eth2:
rx-checksumming: on
tx-checksumming: on
scatter-gather: on
tcp-segmentation-offload: on
udp-fragmentation-offload: off
generic-segmentation-offload: on
generic-receive-offload: off
large-receive-offload: off
rx-vlan-offload: on
tx-vlan-offload: on
ntuple-filters: off
receive-hashing: off

  * What are the host kernel version, QEMU version and guest driver version you
are using?

host: 3.13.0-53-generic
qemu: 2.2.1
guest dirver: 0.1.100