qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] libcacard: use the library?

From: Markus Armbruster
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] libcacard: use the library?
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2015 11:07:53 +0200

Paolo Bonzini <address@hidden> writes:

> On 18/06/2015 10:11, Michael Tokarev wrote:

>>> More like autoreconf -fvi.
>>
>> My 10-minute expirience with auto*tools did't go that far :)
>
> You got everything else right, though.  Kudos.

>>> Doesn't have dependency tracking.  That's already a no-no I think.
>>
>> Well, it is trivial to add.  For a first cut it works.
>
> And then it will be something else with cross-compilation, or something
> else.  Let's just use autotools and call it a day...

In my experience, the Autotools are the worst build system, except for
all the others.

Libtool is particularly horrible.  But when you actually have the
problem it solves (building shared libraries on almost every rotten OS
known to man), you're in a particularly horrible place already.

So, Paolo's recommendation seconded.