qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] How to trigger faults for missing peripherals?

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] How to trigger faults for missing peripherals?
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2015 11:21:04 +0100

On 18 June 2015 at 10:45, Liviu Ionescu <address@hidden> wrote:
> In order to make the Cortex-M emulation accurate, I would need to configure
> the missing address ranges to trigger memory faults.
>
> I noticed that the emulator defines a memory range to
> cover the entire 64-bits memory space. Is it possible
> to make it trigger exceptions?

In theory, but the machinery to do this is a bit broken
and there's a bunch of cleanup and design fixes necessary
before we can turn it on for ARM. "do_unassigned_access"
is the QOM CPUClass hook for this, and searching the
mailing list archives will probably turn up discussion
about the fixes needed.

-- PMM