qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] How to trigger faults for missing peripherals?

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] How to trigger faults for missing peripherals?
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2015 15:59:06 +0100

On 18 June 2015 at 15:30, Liviu Ionescu <address@hidden> wrote:

>> On 18 Jun 2015, at 13:21, Peter Maydell <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> ... "do_unassigned_access" is the QOM CPUClass hook for this,
>
> this hook seems associated with the "Trying to execute code outside
> RAM or ROM at 0x" error, which is a bit different, I want to catch
> read/write accesses, not execute accesses.

read/write accesses call the hook via the code path:
 unassigned_mem_{read,write}() -> cpu_unassigned_access()

(though this is part of the design issue I mentioned --
it means the hook gets called for *anything* that touches
an unassigned address, even if it was the DMA controller
and not the CPU at all. The hook calls need to be hoisted
out of those functions and up to a higher level in the
call tree.)

-- PMM