qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] TCG baremetal tests repo

From: Alexander Spyridakis
Subject: [Qemu-devel] TCG baremetal tests repo
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2015 12:54:32 +0200

Hello all,

You can find the latest tcg atomic test payload in the following repo:
> git clone https://git.virtualopensystems.com/dev/tcg_baremetal_tests.git

You also need an arm baremetal cross-compiler like arm-none-gnueabi- (arm) and the usual aarch64-linux-gnu- (arm64). Due to a PSCI bug in the current multithreading tcg repo, the atomic test was modified to work also on the vexpress machine model.

To run it:
> make vexpress (or virt/virt64 for other targets)
> ../mttcg/arm-softmmu/qemu-system-arm -nographic -M vexpress-a15 -kernel build-vexpress/image-vexpress.axf -smp 4

On my machine it takes around 30 seconds for one run of the test and the results vary from as low as 5 to 30 errors per vCPU per 10 million iterations (no errors with KVM). It is also very interesting to note, that the current test finishes faster on upstream qemu than multithreaded qemu.

Best regards.