qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU ARM SMP: IPI delivery delayed until next main loop

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU ARM SMP: IPI delivery delayed until next main loop event // how to improve IPI latency?
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2015 19:15:41 +0100

On 23 June 2015 at 08:31, Frederic Konrad <address@hidden> wrote:
> The normal boot with "-smp 4" and a smp 4 guest is slow and become a lot
> faster
> when I enable the window (which have timer callbacks and refresh the screen
> regularly)

Is it just overall slow, or does it appear to hang? I have an
interesting effect where *with* this patch an -smp 3 or 4 guest
boot seems to hang between "SCSI subsystem initialized" and
"Switched to clocksource arch_sys_counter"...

Weirdly, you can make it recover from that hang if there's a
GTK window and you wave the mouse over it, even if that window
is only showing the QEMU monitor, not a guest graphics window.

thanks
-- PMM