qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] QDev explicit constructors & destructors

From: Liviu Ionescu
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] QDev explicit constructors & destructors
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2015 22:10:11 +0300

> On 23 Jun 2015, at 21:31, Peter Crosthwaite <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> List discussions should be fine, regardless of release cycle phase.

I apologise to all those who considered my messages not appropriate for this
list or for this moment.

> ... usually you see these kind of needs once you see the code.

right

> Given that you have something partially working,

I have something fully working for my needs, i.e. I can run real-life
applications created by my plug-in wizard on the emulator without any changes.
currently only STM32F103RB is implemented, on Olimex STM32-H103 board, but
copy/pasting code for other MCUs/boards is easy, I just delayed this to be sure
the existing code is ok.

> can you create a
> threaded patch series that contains both the QOM change (at the front
> of the series) and the application of it (all the STM stuff) at the
> back. I will review it on list and see if I can think of alternate
> construction sequence.

unfortunately the differences are too many and a simple git format-patch
between my branch and master creates 1480 files, too many to be posted here.
and manually creating new branches and moving changes there is too labour
intensive, at least for my current git knowledge.

I would really appreciate a Skype screen sharing session, it'll be much more
efficient.

I highly appreciate your help,

Liviu