qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] [virtio guest] vring_need_event() from virtqueue_kick_prepa

From: Catalin Vasile
Subject: [Qemu-devel] [virtio guest] vring_need_event() from virtqueue_kick_prepare()
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2015 18:13:29 +0300

What is the logic behind vring_need_event() when used with
virtqueue_kick_prepare()?
What does the keyword >>just<< refer to from the following context:
/* The following is used with USED_EVENT_IDX and AVAIL_EVENT_IDX */
/* Assuming a given event_idx value from the other size, if
 * we have just incremented index from old to new_idx,
 * should we trigger an event? */
?
I am sending 2 jobs, one after another, and the second one just does
not want to kick, although the first one finished completely and the
backend went back to interrupt mode, all because vring_need_event()
returns false.