qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Fwd: Using QCOW2 with nand flashes.

From: sai pavan
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Fwd: Using QCOW2 with nand flashes.
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2015 12:24:26 +0530

Hi,

I am trying to implement fake disk images for emulating nand flashes.
I see the spares files are formed when the content is zeros. But for nand flashes the content is all one's initially. It is difficult for me make a sparse file with all ones.

Do any one have suggestions for this problem.

I am thinking of creating an nand flash file with all zeros and negating the data at receiving end in qemu. So the input file will be null, but the concept of all 1's be intact. But this will be confusing if some one likes to compare the output bin files after a write. One should read the data negating.

Regards,
Sai Pavan